Everything HOP does relies on support from generous donors and sponsors like you. Sponsorship takes many forms, and is the perfect opportunity for supporters to deepen their commitment to our mission, enriching and uplifting the communities that surround unforgettable adventures.
Opportunites to sponsor can look like any of the following.
Sponsor a child at the KKC
With our Kilimanjaro Kids Community growing, we are looking for sponsors to support incoming new children adopted into our family. We currently have 15 children, and look forward to expanding the family! Sponsors can make a set annual donation, all of which goes directly toward paying for clothing, food, books, building maintenance, KKC staff salaries, and basic necessities for a child at the KKC.
- $1500 per child, per year covers all necessities at the orphanage
- For fun: $1000 per child covers a new bike and shipping from the USA. The kids are growing so fast, and love riding around the property!
Sponsor Education in Nepal, Peru, and Tanzania
With a set annual donation, contributions allow continued support toward:
Khari Khola & Juving secondary schools in the Khumbu Valley, Nepal: Sponsors help maintain the solar power we’ve installed, the computer centers the students use, continuous clean drinking water, student tuition, teacher salaries, and various basic supplies to uphold a fulfilling education.
- $1000 covers yearly tuition for 150 students to attend Juving secondary school
- $1500 covers yearly salary for 1 experienced teacher in Juving – we support 4 teachers total
- $1200 covers necessary updates to the computer centers in Khari Khola and Juving
- $2500 covers battery updates, panel replacements, and additional solar installation for power the villages heavily rely on
Computer centers in Pashpa & Huaripampa villages in Peru: Donations go towards maintaining each center’s exterior building, as well as the various computers, and educational tools these communities utilize to sharpen skills for future professional trades. Financial support will also help HOP update school restrooms and wash basins.
- $1500 covers computer center maintenance and educational supplies
- $2000 covers school restroom and wash basin updates
Four of the children at the Kilimanjaro Kids Community in Tanzania have passed the national exam to enter into secondary school! When the orphanage started, HOP utilized a lot of resources for quality tutors to help our previously homeless children get up to speed with their peers on education. It’s paid off, and their futures are bright!
- $1000 supports one child’s primary school education
- $1200 supports one child’s secondary school education
Sponsor Food for School Children in Tanzania
The Makuyuni Primary School Lunch Program continues to enable children to attend school, by accommodating basic hunger. It’s been a privilege watching more and more students become engaged with education throughout the years we’ve been operating the program.
- $30,000 per year goes towards feeding thousands of children while at school, improving their overall health and education
Sponsor Holiday Cheer for Families in Peru and Utah
The Chocolatada Festivals we sponsor in two remote villages in Peru bring immense joy to the local communities that were previously unable to afford traditional Peruvian Christmas festivities. Donations provide traditional panettone bread and Chocolatada drink, as well as gifts of warm clothing and toys for the children of both villages.
- $2000 covers supplies for both villages to celebrate ($1000 per village)
With our Veterans Outreach Project, the food and gift cards we’re able to provide to veterans and their families throughout Utah, during Thanksgiving and Christmas, are appreciated beyond words. To offer holiday cheer to heroes in need is an honor, and everyone involved is grateful for your support. We give staple foods for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, as well as general groceries that can help sustain the family for months. A giftcard for holiday shopping is included in the Thanksgiving delivery.
- $500 per family, per holiday
Our Kids Christmas program in Utah allows struggling parents to provide their children with a special holiday season (and teachers to stop pulling from their hard earned money to offer heartfelt support).
- $200 per child
Sponsor Small Businesses in Tanzania
The Mama Na M’toto Women’s Empowerment Group is in extra need of support after months of no tourism, which the bulk of their business relied on. Their efforts are to fund their children’s education, so the investment is substantial.
- $600 will help with building a website, plus signage for the storefront
Bima’s Rice & Beans business has become absolutely essential in these times of need, when food has become scarce in Tanzania due to the pandemic. Every bit of support is crucially meaningful.
- $500 will help with packaging supplies, but otherwise HOP’s start-up contributions have successfully catapulted Bima’s business to sustainability!